Monday, September 20, 2010

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

I love anything Mexican, so you'll find I make a lot of Mexican dishes in my house. ;) Here's one I recently made for my family that was a hit. *Sorry, no photo.

Ingredients:
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
1 cup chicken broth
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 small onion, finely chopped
12 corn tortillas
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided

In a bowl, combine the chicken, chilies, broth, soups and onion; set aside. Warm tortillas in the microwave according to the package directions. Layer half of the tortillas on the bottom of the greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan, cutting to fit pan if desired. Top with half of the chicken mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350ยบ for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment