Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sweet Cherry Pork Chops

While looking through my recipes last week, I came across this and it sounded so yummy but I wasn't sure if I would be able to find the cherries to make it. I got lucky and found some at the store that day. I was super excited to make this and I thought for sure my girls would love it. Little Princess Guinea Pig said it was "Yummy!", while Princess Guinea Pig picked at it and said she didn't like the cherries in the sauce, so she picked them out and ate it without the cherries. Daddy Guinea Pig and I both loved the sweetness of this dish and went back for seconds!

Ingredients:
4 boneless pork chops (1 inch thick)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup orange juice
3/4 cup pitted sweet cherries, halved
2 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup cherry preserves
4 teaspoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons cold water
Hot cooked rice

In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides; drain.


Add the orange juice, cherries and onions to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160ยบ, turning the chops twice.

Remove chops and keep warm. Stir preserves into pan juices.

In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into pan juices.

Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.

Serve over pork and rice.

Enjoy! Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment