Saturday, January 8, 2011

Warm Ham 'n' Swiss Wraps

As a stay-at-home mom, I tend to eat what the girls are eating for lunch. Which means I end up eating A LOT of sandwiches! This afternoon I was looking for something that was still along the same lines as our traditional sandwiches but something that "mommy" could enjoy a bit more. I found this and I had everything on hand, minus the tomatoes. It didn't take long to whip up and I only made what I needed for two wraps (but I'll include the compete recipe below) and it was super yummy. Again, Little Princess Guinea Pig loved it but Princess Guinea Pig did not. She took her required 3 bites before I made her something else but I'm just glad she tried it.

Ingredients:
6 flour tortillas (10 inches)
1 pound thinly sliced deli ham
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
3 cups chopped lettuce
1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
1/2 cup diced cucumber
2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
2 green onions, chopped

Dressing
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/2 teaspoon celery seed.


On each tortilla, layer four slices of ham and 1/3 cup cheese;

roll up and secure with toothpicks.

Place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at 350ยบ for 14-16 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Meanwhile combine the lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green pepper and onions.

In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients.

Unroll tortillas halfway; top each with 1/3 cup lettuce mixture and 1 tablespoon dressing.

Roll up again; serve immediately.


Enjoy! Serves 6

No comments:

Post a Comment