Monday, August 30, 2010

Chicken Fajitas

I got this yummy recipe from a friend while we were stationed in Idaho. I get lots of complements when ever I make it. Enjoy!

Ingredients
1 medium green bell pepper
1 medium red bell pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
1 garlic clove, minced
1 envelope (1 ounce) Onion Soup Mix (I use Lipton)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup salsa
12 (7-8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed

Cut bell peppers into 1/2-inch strips. Cut chicken crosswise into thin strips.
Heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; set aside. Add remaining oil, bell peppers and garlic; stir fry 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Add chicken, onion soup mix, water and salsa to bell pepper mixture. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
Serve on warm tortillas and top with guacamole, shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese and sour cream.



My girls don't like bell peppers, so I only give them the chicken and I drizzle the sauce over the top of it with cheese and sour cream. Princess Guinea Pig gobbled hers down and made what we call a "happy plate" and Little Princess Guinea Pig only ate about half of hers and said she was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment