Monday, August 30, 2010

What's for breakfast? Mini Breakfast Pizzas

The girls and I were supper excited to try these. They couldn't wait for them to be done and they were super easy to make.

Ingredients
8 to 10 eggs (I used 8)
3 tablespoons milk
Salt and pepper to taste (I used my Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
10 frozen white dinner rolls, thawed (I used a bag of 12)
10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (I had mine pre-made)
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese (I used Colby Jack)

In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add milk, salt and pepper. Melt butter in a skillet; add the egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until the eggs are set. Remove from the heat and set aside. Roll each dinner roll into a 5-in. circle. Place on greased baking sheets. Spoon egg mixture evenly over crusts. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese. Bake at 350ยบ for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
One thing I would do different is to have all my rolls out on pans before filling them up. I did one pan at a time and had a little bit of eggs and bacon left over and could have used it on the first pan that was already in the oven. I also started this a little after 7 am and had the girls fed and down from the table before 8 am. The longest part is the cooking time.
Princess Guinea Pig says it was "Mmm, Mmm Good", Little Princess Guinea Pig said they were "Yummy!" and Mommy Guinea Pig says they are fantastic and I have left overs for tomorrow!
Enjoy!





3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having fun in the kitchen.Nai Nai Guinea Pig will have to try these at her house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will absolutly be trying this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay, we thought they were supper yummy!

    ReplyDelete