Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chicken Milano

I made this dish for a friend who just had a baby and had enough ingredients left over to make it for the girls and I the next night. I've been trying to make healthier choices these days and buy organic when I can. I bought a new organic sauce for this recipe but it wasn't as yummy as the non-organic brand I've used in the past. I'll have to try and new brand next time. ;)

Ingredients:
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (4 ounces each) - you'll find a lot of chicken breast are larger then 4 ounces, cut them in half to make smaller pieces or pound them into 1/4-inch thickness, then thinly slice.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup marinara sauce
1 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350ยบ F. Roll each chicken breast in flour; dip in beaten egg. Roll in bread crumbs to coat well. Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken pieces. Cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes (be sure to keep a watchful eye on them, it doesn't take long for them to burn... ;) ). Mix marinara sauce and half-and-half in a small bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons. Arrange chicken in prepared dish. Mix mozzarella, Swiss and Parmesan cheeses in a small bowl. Sprinkle over chicken. Top with reserved sauce. Bake, loosely covered, until cooked through, about 30 minutes. Serves 6

I like to make fettuccine noodles and top them with the chicken and sauce.



I decided it would be best to wait on baking this until we got to her home, so I took the picture before I left my house.


Here's a picture of it with the fettuccine noodles. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment