Monday, December 27, 2010

Sweet Onion Corn Bake

I found this recipe years ago in a Taste of Home magazine. I've held on to it for 7 years and I just recently got around to trying it. All I've got to say is YUMM-O! I will most definitely be making this one again. Here's a link to their website with picture since I didn't take one: link

Ingredients:
2 large Vidalia or sweet onions, thinly sliced (I did mine in the food processor)
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
4 drops hot pepper sauce (I didn't add this to mine)

In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, milk, dill and salt until blended; stir in 1 cup of cheese. Stir into the onion mixture; remove from the heat and set aside.
In a bowl, combine the egg, corn, corn bread mix and hot pepper sauce. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in x 2-in. baking dish. Spoon onion mixture over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350ยบ for 45-50 minutes or until the top is set and lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment