Monday, October 4, 2010

Banana Bread

I had a couple people ask for my Banana Bread recipe, so I thought I'd post it here too. ;) This is out of an old recipe book that was my moms. My bread always turns out moist and yummy!

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 cup (2 medium) mashed bananas
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
1/4 cup milk (I used Pure Almond Silk milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups All Purpose or Unbleached Flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease (not oil) bottom only of 9x5 or 8x4-inch loaf pan. In large bowl, blend first 6 ingredients; beat 1 minute at medium speed. Stir in remaining ingredients just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350ºF. for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; removed from pan. Cool completely.



No comments:

Post a Comment