Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Roasted Potato Soup

I love, love, LOVE this recipe! I look forward to the cooler weather just so I can make it! I always use more carrots and celery then it calls for. I love my veggies! I also up my water to 6 cups and my bouillon to 5. ;)

Ingredients:
6 russet potatoes, peeled, chopped
2 leek bulbs, white and light green parts only, chopped
2 onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 carrot, sliced
1 medium stalk celery, chopped
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
5 cups water
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
Serves 4

Preheat oven to 450ยบ F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place potatoes, leeks and onions on prepared baking sheet; spray vegetables lightly with cooking spray. Roast vegetables, turning frequently, until golden brown, about 25 minutes.

Place in a large saucepan. Add garlic, carrot, celery, bouillon, parsley and water. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.

Add butter and evaporated milk to saucepan; stir. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Ladle into soup bowls. I like to top mine with cheese. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Yes, I agree! This makes me think of another soup recipe I have that calls for winter veggies. I may have to find it... yum! ;)

    ReplyDelete