Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Easy Mediterranean Chicken with Orzo

Okay, I must admit, the last time I made this, it was WAY better! The only difference was the pearl onions, I didn't have any the last time I made it. It has a great flavor to it but I think I like it better without the onions. ;) I also saved time by using Hormel Real Bacon Pieces instead of frying up fresh bacon.

Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast (4 ounces each)
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup pearl onions
1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
12 pitted green olives
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
6 slices crisp-fried bacon, crumbles
1 package (1-pound) of Orzo (I only use half (8 ounces) of it)
Serves 4

Cook Orzo according to package. Place chicken in a large skillet over medium heat. Add broth. Bring to a simmer. Simmer chicken for 10 minutes or just until juices run clear when pierced with a fork. Remove chicken and cut into thin slices; set aside. Cover with foil to keep warm. Add onions, tomatoes and olives to broth. Simmer until onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in cold water. Stir into broth. Cook, stirring continually, until clear and thickened, about 2 minutes. Place chicken on top of Orzo. Spoon sauce over chicken. Top with bacon. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment